Building / Urban market
“For the house, when it was being built, was built of stone made at the quarry; and there was neither hammer nor axe nor any iron tool heard in the house while it was being built.” [Kings 1, Chapter 6, Verse 7].
The method of prefabricated construction from reinforced concrete began to gain momentum in post-World War II Europe to allow for the rapid restoration of the destruction and devastation inflicted by the war. Here in Israel, articles on this method first appeared in professional journals around 1947. Prefabricated construction began in Israel in the early 1950s. One of the first buildings built using this method was the Harsa plant in Beersheva, built by a subsidiary of Solel Boneh.
A tight schedule, many repetitive elements and a large volume of construction, led to the conclusion that the most appropriate construction method for establishing the urban market in Kiryat Ata is the prefabricated method. The components of the structure will be manufactured in the production plants before being transported and assembled on site. Alongside the production of the components, the foundations and infrastructure will be laid down, thus saving valuable time.